Friday, October 26, 2012

Kayaking

The last activity we had planned for our Denali adventure was a kayaking trip ~ it was on a lake in Denali State Park (which is adjacent to Denali National Park) ~ a beautiful setting with Mt. McKinley hovering behind us...our guide told us it gets pretty smelly when the salmon are running but we were about 3 weeks too early for that experience...
and because we took a million pictures, and the mountain is so impressive, here are some final shots...
I would definitely head up north again ~ I want to do one of the flights around the mountain the next time I go!

3 comments:

atvmtngirl said...

Amazing! Looks like such a blast!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Wow you have amazing scenery in Alaska. I am naive about life there - how do the Cavaliers handle the cold weather. Such interesting stories on your blog -I think I originally found you on instagram?

Mary said...

Definitely want to do this on the next trip out...so beautiful!